Re: Tire warmers

Subject: Re: Tire warmers
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:20:52 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000 KWall73108@aol.com wrote:
> It appears my tires die from heat cycling long before the rubber disappears.
> I'm more concerned with maintaining tire performance than getting protested
> (at the local level).  Do you know of any documentation showing that tire
> warmers could keep the heat cycles to one per event?

My "evidence" is empirical.  What we used to do sometimes in bike racing
was to put the warmers on, get the tires to temp, go run, pull in, put the
warmers back on keeping the tires at temp, go run, etc.

That's all one heat cycle until you stop, assuming the warmers can get the
tires to operating temp.

Mark