Re: race car insurance

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: race car insurance
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:25:03 -0500
At 10:51 AM 2/16/01 -0500, Paul Foster wrote:
>When I checked into this for my '89 944 Turbo I found the insurance was in
>the range of 10% of the value of the vehicle for about 20 track days a year.
>I decided it was not worth it. YMMV.

FYI,

My racecar insurance is for storage, transport, paddock. Specifically not
for "on track".

Since it is an autocross only racecar, the safest place it spends time (as
little per run as possible, of course) is "on track". The riskiest places
are to/from events and in my garage (theft, fire, falling trees, etc.).

Homeowners insurance won't cover the car, even at home.

This kind of coverage for an old FF is pretty cheap.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford