RE: SM2 Stuff /trailered cars

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SM2 Stuff /trailered cars
From: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 07:46:30 -0500
Phil O. said:

> I  could NEVER understand why people get upset about cars being trailered,
> stock or not...

For Stock cars, it's not such a big deal because a stock car is a stock car is
a stock car (in theory).  I don't even have a problem with it for Street
Prepared, just because there really is no "street" in Street Prepared, and
it's pretty well accepted that most of the top SP cars aren't streetable.

The issue that I and others have with trailered ST/SM cars is that these
classes were intended for daily street-driven cars, not garage queens.  Now,
if you have a car that you drive every day (or at least every other day... or
a couple times a week even), and you feel the need to trailer it to an event
100 miles away, that's fine with me.  But if you have this car that you've
tricked out so much that it's barely streetable and you'd never consider
trying to drive it to work every day, and the only time the tires touch
pavement is on a Solo course... that's not the intent of the Street Touring
category.

Please note that this is my opinion, it's not necessarily based on what the
rule book says the intent of the classes are.  Just trying to explain why some
of us don't like the idea of trailered "street" cars.

--
Loren Williams  | Loren@kscable.com
'96 Mazda Miata | Wichita Region SCCA - http://wichitascca.org/