Re: Speedvision's Viewer Videos

To: Mike Shields <mshields@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Speedvision's Viewer Videos
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:44:55 -0700
On Monday, April 9, 2001, at 08:10 PM, Mike Shields wrote:
> I just caught the tail end of this program on Speedvision. I remember
> they talked about this a while ago, but I hadn't heard anything on it
> lately. Anyway, they were going through the viewers who sent in videos
> (and I presume showed them also) and I saw Alan Dahl's name popup along
> with a few others I thought I recognized.
>
> So first congratulations on getting on the show and secondly, is this
> going to be on again? I looked on Speedvision's web site and they had
> Legends of Motorsport listed as showing in it's place.

They showed it last week too but I missed it and I have been searching
the Speedvision web site trying to find out when it would be on again
since Speedvision isn't listed in the Seattle-area TV guide.
Unfortunately the web site is next to useless as they sometimes don't
update the next week until Monday morning and even when they do it's
very inaccurate. I think they want you to watch them 24/7 so you don't
miss anything or something :-).

A friend of mine with a satellite dish saw the promo for the viewer
videos and phoned me but helpfully changed the time to 10:30 PDT
thinking that there was an "east coast" and "west coast" feed so I
missed it again :-(. Hopefully they will show it again and again like
they do so many other things, I think I've lost count how many times I
saw Scotty B spin out in that Corvette challenge race a couple of years
ago.

- Alan "I missed the Brazillian GP for the same reason" Dahl

P.S. I will pay a bounty for a tape of the viewer videos if anyone has
one! Or at least if folks could e-mail me the next time they hear it's
on I would appreciate it, thanks!

Alan Dahl                                               home:
adahl@eskimo.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                       work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl          ICQ 52688023