Event organization question.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Event organization question.
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:04:21 -0400
My local club, North Hills Sports Car Club, has always ran events in
numerical order. Car #1 thru #100 and then start over for the second run.
Steel Cities uses a heat system where you work a heat, sit out a heat and
run a heat.  The net result is you are at the event all day, and can have
time to socialize and watch the other competitors. And I see that as a
positive side of autocross.

However, I know from the discussion here at Team.Net and from chatting with
fellow cone crunchers I have met along the way that some clubs use a system
where you come in, register, do your three or four runs and can then leave.
So, in effect, the club is running two or three small events within the
framework of a one day event at their lot. The competitor has some choice I
assume as to when they come out and run.

My multiple  part question to y'all is; if your club runs in this fashion,
how do you organize this type of autocross? By that I mean, do you put stock
cars in the morning and mods etc. in the afternoon session? Or is it a
certain number of cars per session on a first come first served basis?  Is
Registration and Tech open all day?  How do you get enough workers to
adequately cover the stations all day?  I am interested in learning the
techniques you have found to make this type of multiple session autocross
format work.

As usual, thanks in advance for the collective wisdom of all you
Team.Netters.

Larry Steckel