re-"Driven"

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re-"Driven"
From: Thomas L Brewsaugh <dragonflyc@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 21:34:10 -0400
I saw the movie Friday afternoon as far as entertainment it was OK. I
guess that is more what the Hollywood types have in mind " Keep them
entertained and they'll keep coming back". Unfortunately it feel quite
short of my expectations but after watching La Mans on the big screen
when it was first re least and many times on video since what did I
expect. The big difference IMHO is La Mans was made by a true fan and
participant of the sport for fans of the sport. I doubt if Steve Mc Queen
thought for a second it would be a box office smack. But today when you
make a movie the bottom line, PROFIT, comes first. If I were CART I
wouldn't want to be associated with this thing. Now if we could get Paul
Newman a movie star, racer,team owner to make an honest flick!  Oh well
gota go pop ol Steve in the VCR.

Tom Brewsaugh
Dragonfly Competition
1982 Ford Escort #40 FSP