RE: Driven; some more

To: "Dan Timko" <dtimko@cc.gatech.edu>, <jac73@daimlerchrysler.com>,
Subject: RE: Driven; some more
From: "Bruce Haden" <Bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:08:25 -0700
This discussion makes me think back to that epic movie Days of Thunder.
It was decent entertainment and I laughed myself silly in a couple of
places and generally enjoyed it, but as a racing movie it SUCKED. I doubt
that I will see Driven, if for no other reason than I just can't suspend
my disbelief enough to imagine Stallone as a driver in an indy-type car.
I think us racer types always expect too much when it comes to Hollywood
and racing. My biggest gripe about them is always the lack of technical
correctness (see comment below about "...20 gears..."). They should be able
to get the details right for those of us
who care. It wouldn't change the overall movie plot at all and us picky
people would be satisfied that our sport was accuratly represented. If I
just want to watch some kick-ass driving I can always just watch the
"Bullit" chase scene again; if I can ever get it back from my cousin!