Re: Driven to Winning

To: "Shawn Mann" <shaw.mon@worldnet.att.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driven to Winning
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:07:19 -0500
>I forget his name, but the guy that wrote,
>directed, starred, and drove the stunts in it was a former stuntman, who
>fancied himself a filmmaker.  There's also a sequel, called "The Junkman."
>Not as good, but still some crazy stuff. From what I'm told though, this
>time the guy took the stunts one step too far.  ISTR that he actually died
>filming the final jump.  Maybe compressed spine, something like that?

He died, but he was not in a car.  There was a big setup in which a utility
pole was to fall over.  While he was on the set getting the scene ready,
something prematurely triggered and the pole fell, killing him.

Daughter Amanda has presented us with a second grandchild.  Sirena Mae
Stremski
arrived on the first day of Spring 2001, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.