Attention all autocross event officials

To: autox@autox.team.net, bspvette@topica.com,
Subject: Attention all autocross event officials
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 10:55:37 -0400
We've started up a new email list especially designed for those of us who
are organizing and putting on autocross events. The design of this list
is to encourage the sharing of information between autocross officials
around the world. This isn't limited to Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)
events but to all autocross officials of all organizations staging
autocross events.

Those of us setting up and running these events know the pressures we are
under. News about the sport is getting out to the public through the
internet so that many areas of the country are expeiencing much higher
driver entries at events. We have seen growth from 75 driver averages to
170-200 per event here in Atlanta SCCA in the last 2 years.

We have many choices, here are a few of the ones we faced:

1. Do nothing different and hope everything sorts itself out.
2. Put a cap on the number of entries.
3. Raise the price of entry to discourage new drivers
4. Figure out ways to run more efficiently to accomodate new drivers.

The forum of this email list will be designed to help all of us, in
official positions, to better come to grip with the pressures of the job.
Hopefully, we'll be able to help each other find good solutions to our
problems.

We welcome all autocross event officials and interested parties to join
in the discussion. However, we DO want the subject matter to center on
autocross event operations (ie. Registration, Tech, Grid, Course, Timing
and Scoring, entry fees, communications, publicity, social, waiver,
safety etc. etc.).

To subscribe send a blank email message to:

autox.officials-subscribe@topica.com

Then you may send messages to the list by sending them to:

autox.officials@topica.com

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA