Non profit and being a "business"

To: autox@autox.team.net, LWLoring@Home.com
Subject: Non profit and being a "business"
From: jwalter@ptra.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 12:27:32 -0500
Lloyd, I hate getting in this at all, but....

George is correct in context.  Just because you are a non-profit
corporation, you are still a corporation and can make tons of money.  You
do state that.  The implication that being a non-profit or not for profit
reduces the business nature of the organization is not valid.

Go to my web site <www.ptra.com> we are a "non-profit" corporation.  We
generated over 700 million dollars of net revenue last year for our
"members".  We do and have met the IRS requirements since 1924 and will
continue to do so.  We will also continue to grow our member's revenues.

George ran in my class, he took (and takes) the results of the classing
process personally.  That's his prerogative.  He quit just bitching and is
trying to do something about it.  He is going outside the SCCA now that he
feels he has exhausted all avenues within the club's structure.  He's
still mad, though.  I, like many others, would love for George to get over
his mad.  If and when he does, his new project will go more easily.
However, his 'mad' is fueling the creative juices and so, stay just a
little mad George!

Dennis continually gets blamed for doing something.  Reminds me of the
union work environment.   8^)

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
jwalter@ptra.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"The people who vote decide nothing. The people who count the vote decide
everything."
     - Josef Stalin.