Re: Audi GT Coupe questions

To: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Audi GT Coupe questions
From: Burl Vibert <blur@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 09:52:47 -0400
Bob Monday wrote:

> I bought an 85 Audi GT Coupe (5 cyl engine) for my boys. A couple
> questions:

Hi Bob

That should be a fun car for them, kinda a 5/4 scale Scirocco.  The
engines are quite reliable, take it easy on reverse gear though.
Suspension bushings are also prone to severe slop and  the wiring can
sometimes be a pain.

> 1. Does anyone have one that they're paring out? I need some misc
> parts, mostly interior parts.

There was one just 2 or 3 days ago on the Audi list.  Check out
http://www.audifans.com/ for classified and maybe check the archives
or join the list if you want to find out who had it.  I have an '83,
lemme know what you need and I'll try and figure out if they would fit
yours.  (It's a back burner project that could do with a few less
interior parts)

> 2. Can someone tell be how to get into the trunk?? No keyhole, and I
> can't find a release or switch! There may be a bag 'o money back there
> (or a body!).

The release is on the drivers doorpost.  A small lever you move
horizontally.

> 3. I remember seeing some guys (associated with an auto salvage yard?)
> racing an Audi 5000, which is similar. As I recall, they kind of
> specialized in Audis. Anyone have any contact info?

The 5000 is not really that similar.  The 4000 is kin to the Coupe,
many parts are interchangeable but there are few performance parts
available for either, unless of course you want to go the turbo
route;-)

Burl Vibert
1983 Porsche 911SC
1983 Audi Coupe GT