Re: [Solo2Atlanta] LTB Entry list

To: Tere3@mediaone.net, autox.officials@topica.com, solo2atlanta@topica.com,
Subject: Re: [Solo2Atlanta] LTB Entry list
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 01:02:32 -0400
Hey autocrossers, don't miss this opportunity to enter a unique event
designed to maximize your number of runs in a one day event AND have an
opportunity to win some cash. LTB Motorsport.com Summer Saturday Shootout
is an autocross tourney which guarantees every entrant at least 6 runs
for the day with most getting many more.

We are running 4 brackets of 16 drivers in a double elimination
tournament. Here's an update on how those brackets will be filled. Every
driver will have 2 qualifying runs at the beginning of the day. These
runs will be just like a regular Solo II. Everyone's times will be
handicapped using the RTP index. The top 4 drivers will each be the
Number One seed in each of the 4 groups. The next 4 drivers will be
distributed the same way and so on to the 16th seed of each group. In
each group the 1st seed starts out against the 16th seed, 2nd seed vs.
15th seed, etc. Forget sandbagging because we give points for qualifying
positions that apply toward the series championship. Also, good drivers
have incentive to qualify well to get the most advantageous opponents
through the rounds of competition.

How are we able to make this work, you ask? Well our Team Solo
engineering gurus
(Tom Simon and Dave Hardy) have worked out a system to delay faster class
cars using the RTP index and electronic delay boxes. So, an AM car could
line up against a HS car, the HS car takes off and about 9 seconds later
the AM car would get the green light.

We ran this type event at the NOPI Nationals in 1999. We used distance
setbacks at that one and are real excited about the use of delay boxes
instead.

Below see the list of entered drivers, so far. You may register by
sending your name, address, SCCA #, car info, SCCA solo II class and your
VISA/Mastercharge/Discover card number and expiration date to: Tere
Pulliam at <tere3@mediaone.net>. The entry fee is $50 for one event or
$135 for all three.

On Sat, 19 May 2001 15:04:26 -0400 Tere Pulliam <Tere3@mediaone.net>
writes:

> As of  Tuesday May 19 th these are the entries I have for the June
> 9th LTB
> Motorsports Summer Shootout.
>
> 1. Thomas Crowley - all 3 events
> 2. Samuel Kraus- July 7th event
> 3. Ben Thatcher- all 3 events
> 4. Robert Wolf - June 9
> 5. Alex Muresan - June 9
> 6. Shane Metzger- June 9
> 7. David Ball - June 9
> 8. Tony Shulz - all 3 events
> 9. Hal Latimore - all 3 events
> 10. Ed Foerschler - all 3 events
>

> To unsubscibe from this list send a blank email message to:

> This email was sent to: bthatch@juno.com
>
> T O P I C A -- Register now to manage your mail!
> http://www.topica.com/partner/tag02/register

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA