Re: Big Brother is watching

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching
From: "Gary Gaither" <ggaither1@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:44:22 -0700
Someone mentioned that data was collected by downloading information from the
Z06's computer.  Isn't that a violation of one's privacy?  Unless of course
the car is leased.  I remember Intel trying to do that with the Pentium 3's
and got bad publicity for it.

It would not surprise me if GM did that because of their questionable racing
history.  They contacted Ford and Chrysler in the late 50's to pull out of
NASCAR because racing was too expensive.  Didn't they do the same in the Trans
Am series in the 70's and 90's?  Is this considered a business cycle?  They
build great solo cars (Vette, Firebird and Camaro's) but have never seen them
support solo ever since I have been a member, last century.

Currently, I consider Subaru's effort a great example of supporting our sport
since it adds to the membership base.

Gary Gaither