Saturn/SE-R/Neon stuff

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Saturn/SE-R/Neon stuff
From: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:57:34
"But what about saturn SC2/SL2's in GS?  I'm curious to see how my car will
stack up next year, its fairly competitive against the current range of ES
cars. "

I believe David Pearson won ES in 1997(?) with a 91 SC but I'm not sure how
that car compares to yours.  I got to drive it once and found it felt heavy
and tough to put the power down coming out of corners.

"the Sentra SE-R has a viscous LSD.  From what I know about them, they
don't provide much lockup when new and in performance applications their
effectiveness drops rather quickly. "

Not according to Mark Chiles.  He says SE-R will pull even when it's up on
two wheels.  There's no torque spec on the diff in the shop manual.

Regarding the Neon it comes down to this.  Pre-2000 results show it'll beat
everything going to the new GS.  Do you piss off the current Neon owners or
all of the other cars going to GS?  Which group is bigger?  Perhaps the
Neon's had it's "day in the sun" just like the SS RX7 owners.

Jeff Cashmore, who's old Celica may not cut it in the new GS either.