Re: U/B rule

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Subject: Re: U/B rule
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:24:14 -0400
--On 9/17/2001 4:07 PM -0500 Linnhoff, Eric wrote:
> How do you all interpret the SP update/backdate rule regarding such items
> as interior consoles and door panels?  Can one take a lighter console
> from an earlier car and install it in a later year car to save weight?

Absolutely.  What makes this vague?  There is no question in my mind that
this is okay in SP; in fact, I think it's one of the things that makes
update/backdate really cool.

> Also, exactly what constitutes a "reclining" seat as required by the
> Street Touring rule 17.2.B (quoted below)?
> Nowhere does it say that the seat back must recline independent of the
> seat bottom and in my proposal above the seat back does indeed recline,
> even if only a little bit.

That was true in the stock Porsche 914.  The entire seat was one piece,
but could pivot around a point underneath the front edge of the seat bottom.
In early 914's, the passenger seat was completely non-adjustable -- it
wasn't
even really a seat, just a pad on the floor and firewall.

Mark