Re: Nationals Breakdown

To: Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@usa.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nationals Breakdown
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
--- Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@usa.net> wrote:
> Here's my observations:
>
> SS: I really respect
> Falkner's Boxster S 3rd place finish amidst all of
> the Vettes.

Although Faulkner drove extremely well, the course was
very much a Boxster course, with a long slalom and
sweepers that were too tight for the Z06 drivers to
stand on it.

> AS:  I would have guessed the S2000 would have won
> AS, but maybe this year's
> course wasn't an S2000 course.  So, maybe the S2000
> isn't the overdog that I
> thought it possibly could be.

Again, the course favored the boxster.

> ES:  what's the protest about?
The protest was the long awaited "lets see if
Carpenter's car is legal."  After the first day of the
pro, a grocery list of protests was filed, finding
that his front shocks were cut 7/16" too short.  As
stock rules allow 1 inch from factory length, Rob was
unaware that the Koni's come from the factory 3/4"
shorter than stock.  The next day he put on off the
shelf tokico's and dropped 7 tenths for a whopping
full second win in a competitive ES.  After Nationals,
another grocery list was filed, attacking the engine
components of the car.  The car came out legal.  Both
protest bonds were close to or over $1000 each.
Congratulations to Rob Carpenter on his victories last
week in that "piece of crap" car.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
CS 97