Thanks from FSL #191 at Nationals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks from FSL #191 at Nationals
From: "fstockracers" <fstockracers@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:12:09 -0400
For those of you who did not know what happened, here it goes....
Unfortunately, for me on that Friday when I ran I had some mechanical
problems.  My FS Camaro had started shearing it's belt and it was noticed
just before I went to grid.  Luckily, at that point, I had a spare.  Mike
Johnson, Pat Salerno, Dean Sapp, and Hoosier-Tom came to the rescue and got
me to grid.
My friend and co-driver, Jeanne Wayne, took the first run and everything
seemed o.k.  I went to take my first run and at the first right-hander my
car broke again.  The belt came off and was pretty shredded up and I had no
power steering.  So, I brought my car back to grid and I took a mechanical
and in a matter of seconds my car was jacked up, tools were all over the
place and a swarm of people came around my car.....again, Mike Johnson, Dean
Sapp, and Pat Salerno...and not just them Sam Strano, Bruce Bellom, Richie
Wayne, Brian Burdette, Tim Dennison and others who came to help me out.
Unfortunately, a bolt on the power steering unit was stripped and could not
be fixed.
While all this was happening, practically every girl in my class offered me
their car to take my last runs in.  I can't thank you enough, girls, for the
great offers.   You were wonderful, great friends!!
Bruce Bellom offered me his FS ride and I accepted.  I have driven his car a
few times before, and I felt the most comfortable with it.  I only wound up
with one counted run and finished third.
The point is, on telling my story is I wanted to thank each and every one of
them and let everyone know how much I appreciated everyone's help and
concern.  It reminded me of how it doesn't matter where you wind up, but how
I have the best of friends I could every ask for.  Thanks guys from the
bottom of my heart,  because of you that's what makes me love this sport so
much and look forward to future events of autocross with you.
I noticed a photographer, I think he was from Sports Car magazine, had taken
a picture of the "mechanical scene" and with me being bummed about the car,
and Mr. Lombardo was checking out what was going on.  And I would like to
say that if he gets a hold of this story, I hope he puts that picture in,
because in my mind they were all winners!!!!
Sincerely,  Diane Lapusnak (FSL #191)