re: BMW back seats

To: "INTERNET:ThoughtBoxLabs@aol.com" <ThoughtBoxLabs@aol.com>
Subject: re: BMW back seats
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:35:54 -0400
Sorry, Will, I don't know.  My BMW has no rear seats.  But I know where you
can find out.

Go to www.bimmer.org.  Select M3 (E36).  This takes you to the forum - a
very useful place to be.  Search the archives, understanding that no one
likes the search utility.  If unsuccessful, go to www.google.com, and do
the same search ("M3 rear seat removal").  Google archives all of their
messages.  Still no luck?  Post a message.  I bet you get a response
withing a day from someone who has done this before.

Chris Eckles
Atlanta
Blue M Coupe

Does anyone know how to remove the seatback in the back of a 1997 M3?  The
bottom seatcushion is easy; it just lifts out.  But my service manual says
unbolt two bolts behind the fold down armrest, and then lift up.  I don't
see
the two bolts.  There were bolts used to secure the arm rest brackets, but
unbolting these didn't help.  I have the fixed rear seats.  Anyone have any

idea?

Will
<