RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ??? (Rocky's History

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ??? (Rocky's History
From: "Steve Hoelscher" <stevehh@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:24:49 -0500
Rocky Entriken wrote (with considerable passion):
Thing is, people -- IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE RULES ARE, IT ONLY MATTERS
THAT THERE ARE RULES.

<<<
My point all along has been that the wheel limitation that produced
cantilever slicks is a poorly thought out rule.  Further, to accept a bad
rule, solely because that is what we have, is foolish.  It would be nice if
fixing our rules problems didn't have financial impact on those effected,
but that shouldn't stop us from pursuing solutions.

 Bollinger was responding to an anticipated disappearance of cantilevers.
There was indeed, at the time he formulated his proposal, some discussion
that that might happen. Steve perceived a problem and came up with a
solution.
<SNIP>
Every other argument presented falls simply in the "I'd like to
do it differently" category.

<<<
Not necessarily.  Steve and I had a long discussion on his proposal.
Steve's proposal wasn't ONLY to solve the assumed cantilever shortage, but
also to address the larger issue.  Tire technology has come a long way in
the twenty plus years since cantilevers were developed.  It would be nice if
both production racing and prepared solo could take advantage of it.

[This is a fun debate. It is very enjoyable discussing with folks like Steve
and Dennis who argue an issue with passion but also with reason. None of us
is right or wrong here, we just hold differing opinions. Team.net at its
best!]

<<<
Indeed.

Steve Hoelscher