Re: Toe inches & degrees

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Toe inches & degrees
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 01:11:42 EST
In a message dated 11/30/01 11:26:25 PM Central Standard Time,
TeamZ06@aol.com writes:

> Toe is the difference between the front and the rear measurements, so it is
> based on the diameter and not the radius.  The toe measurement needed for
> the
> equation is per side, not the total toe.  The diameter forms the hypotenuse
> and the opposite is the toe measurement per side, or 1/2 of total toe.
> Assuming you use the same units for toe and diameter the equation is :
>
> degrees = arcsine [(1/2 of total toe) / (diameter)]

I'll agree with Kevin that his equation:

degrees = arcsine [(total toe) / (radius)]

yields the same answer as I described above since (1/2 of diameter) =
(radius) and the relationship between the two measurments is kept
proportionally the same.

Regardless, the tire diameter and not the radius is used to determine the toe
measurements, which was the logical bone of contention.

Mark