Time to stir the pot....

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Time to stir the pot....
From: "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:09:47 -0600
...............this is what happens when I have two days off in a
row.............

Did anyone else notice that the ever money losing Pro Racing side of the
Club is "borrowing"  $300,000 from the new building fund?  If it is still
losing money, how can it continue to lose money AND pay back a 300k loan
without stealing resources from the rest of the club?   Remember that the
SCCA that Pro Racing is borrowing from is has also been losing money for the
past few years.  So where does it get the money from?

Selling insurance to its members is already the most profitable division of
the club.   I am sure it is pure coincidence that our AutoX insurance is
going up next year.

The next time you drive 500+ miles to an event to watch Howard and Tasha
work 12+ hour days with no staff and struggle with a cub scout level timing
and scoring system, ask yourself, what could the Solo program do with three
hundred thousand dollars?  Or is our job just to make the money so someone
else can spend it?

Steven Volpp