Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: SP rules

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: SP rules
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:13:11 -0600
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> One of my big objections is that with today's sticky tires, we'll have a lot
> of cars on their lids with OE shocks.

Amen, Charlie!  I've been telling people for years - especially those
with water-cooled VW products - to max out their suspensions before they
put on the gumballs.

However, despite what the rules say, I'm also one of those diehards who
believes that Stock SHOULD be just that - Stock - and not some
multi-thousand dollar development project.  Toward that end, I believe
that Stock cars should have to run on street tires!!!  Cat-back
exhausts, removing the air cleaner element, and suspension adjustments
within factory spec are OK with me.  Anything else, in my book, should
take a car out of Stock.  But that's just me and I don't write the car
preparation rules.

Go ahead and flame away, folks.  I'm a big boy (at least in terms of
maturity) and can take whatever you care to dish out.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman