RE: Stock Shock Rules rewrite? Part 3

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stock Shock Rules rewrite? Part 3
From: "David Walker" <david.walker@lonemustang.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:59:32 -0700
> Pg. 89 of the '01 rule book...allows
> "normally expendable components" to be replaced with alternate components
> which are the same type and size and used in the same location.  And how
> would you interpret THAT with respect to shocks?

If the same wording applied to shocks, it would be about what we have now,
except that adjustable shocks wouldn't be allowed (unless originally so
equipped).  It may be the only reasonable change the SEB could consider.

It would still leave the door open for someone to spend a lot of money on
extremely well engineered non-adjustable shocks, but it's still better than
restricting stock to OEM.

I don't think there are a lot of decent shocks out there right now that
don't have at least one adjustment, though.  Perhaps this is why the rules
are written like they are--so we wouldn't all have to settle for Sears
Roadhandlers.

dw