Stock-class suspension and big money.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock-class suspension and big money.
From: "Joe Skaggs" <jskaggs@forensic-engrs.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:57:14 -0700
As a relative newbie to the sport, here's one opinion with regard to
suspension setups in Stock classes:

It appears to me that those people using gee-whiz shock setups are doing so
primarily to control body roll.

Perhaps another way to allow participants a similar level of body roll
control, with much less ca$h investment, would be to allow any rear antisway
bar.

Will it stop some people from dropping $5000 on struts and shocks?  No.  In
fact, I think there will be people spending $5500 on struts, shocks, and a
super gee-whiz 48-way adjustable rear sway bar.

BUT:  It allows the regular once-a-month competitor to control body roll and
try to move a stock car from pushing to more neutral handling, without
dropping $$$ on super-struts.

Just my $.02

-Joe Skaggs