Re: New worm spoils the party, was: "Party" is no fun

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: New worm spoils the party, was: "Party" is no fun
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:40:40 -0800
On Tuesday, January 29, 2002, at 02:33  PM, Matt Murray wrote:
> Here's a write up that describes just how insidious this
> particular worm is. [description of virus deleted]

Thankfully this virus will not affect Apple Macintosh computers (OS9 or
OSX) like my iMac but I'd like to remind Mac owners that they should
still be careful not to reply or forward "party" messages to PC friends
lest they pass on the virus.

I guess this virus must not be too common as I have yet to receive one.
Hopefully the outbreak will be rather limited, I still see that there
are computers infected with the Code Red virus even now when I check my
firewall log.

- Alan