Fiestas for Sale

To: "W2W" <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>,
Subject: Fiestas for Sale
From: "Steve Couture" <steve@couture.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:32:10 -0500
Well, I didn't make it to any Waterford Hills club races last year and looking
at the schedule for this year, I won't make any this season either.  So my ITC
1980 Ford Fiesta - last raced at Waterford in September 2000 - is for sale.

Car is pretty quick and fully sorted.  Took a rookie driver to numerous top
three ITC finishes in 2000 with a best lap of 1:21:40 at Waterford Hills and no
DNF's.

The details:
Rhino Racing built engine with just the 2000 season's worth of use.  BAT 4 into
1 Header.  Earl's oil cooler, custom baffled oil pan, Volkswagen radiator.  Four
puck racing clutch.  Spax adjustable shocks, custom springs, BAT swaybars,
polyurethane bushings throughout.  Three sets of 13x6 aluminum wheels
(Superlights, American Racing, and a set from an early 80's Ford Tempo) and more
stock 12" wheels than any one person should intentionally keep. :-)  Kirkey
aluminum seat, updated Autopower bolt in cage.  Oil pressure and water
temperature gauges.

Since the end of 2000 I've added new braided brake lines (rear), replaced master
cylinder and rear brake cylinders, hubs, wheel bearings, ball joints and tie-rod
ends and installed polyurethane steering rack bushings (which was a serious
PITA).  Also have a complete brand new NOS shifter assembly (just -try- to find
one of these) awaiting installation.

I was planning to race this car for a few years so I stockpiled parts.  Spares
out the WAZOO!  Body parts: doors (2 of each left and right), hoods(2),
hatches(2), set of NOS floor-board patch panels, and an NOS front valence.
Bumpers, lights, lenses, grills.  Spare engines (2 stock - one assembled, one
disassembled), transmissions (3 - stock, one with cracked case but good
internals), axles, cross members, hubs, knuckles, etc.  Intakes, carbs (at least
six), distributors, starters, fuel, oil and water pumps - you name it, I got it.
Enter the car in a demolition derby and then rebuild it with parts to spare!

Full set of manuals (Ford, Chilton, Haynes).

Currently the car sports a small battle scar on the drivers front fender and the
front bumper mounts are a little tweaked - things that should be an easy fix for
someone with talents in that area.  Red/white/blue color scheme is extremely
attractive with only the above detracting from "perfect" on the 50/50 scale of
race car appearance (looks absolutely amazing from 50 ft away going past at
50+mph).

$4000 for the ITC car and ALL racing spares.  Cheap way to start racing!

ALSO...

1980 Fiesta Street Sleeper/Autocross car.  Nearly perfect southern body -
"Tweety-bird" yellow no sunroof, flawless brown interior.  Schroth harness.  VDO
gauges (volts, oil pressure, water temp).  Has A/C but not connected.  13x6
Panasports with Hoosier Autocross compound tires and a set of 13x6 XR2 steel
wheels with Pirelli's.  Ridiculous dollars spent under the hood: XR2 intake,
ported/polished head, performance cam, ceramic coated BAT 4 to 2 to 1 header,
monza exhaust, Moroso brand accusump, tattle-tale oil filter.  Big brake kit,
BAT springs.  Spare .60 over short block (complete minus head and intake).  Full
set of manuals (Ford, Chilton, Haynes).  Just add a limited slip differential
and kick butt in Street Modified autocross class (car weighs approx 1700lbs).

"Tweety" the Fiesta and all autocross/street related spares - $3000

Combination deal:  Both Fiestas and ALL spare parts - $6000

Email me at steve@couture.org with any questions or for pictures.

Both cars are in Wixom, MI 40 miles NW of Detroit

--
Steve Couture
steve@couture.org