Evolution SEDiv Event #3 - Savannah, GA

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com (Evolution Discussion),
Subject: Evolution SEDiv Event #3 - Savannah, GA
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:53:37 EDT
The third and final points event of the 2002 Evolution SEDiv Solo2
Championship Series will be hosted by the SCCA Coastal Empire/Buccaneer
Region at Roebling Road in Bloomingdale, GA on July 27-28, 2002.  This 2.02
mile asphalt road race course is one of the jewels of the Southeast and is
located just 20 miles from sultry downtown Savannah, GA.  Slaloms, offsets,
and other cone maneuvers will be strategically placed to maintain the Solo2
speed and safety requirements as specified by the SCCA National Solo rule
book.  The entry fee is $25 for FJr drivers and $50 for all others.

Please note that the Roebling Road track management requires that a sound
limit of 103.9 decibels @ 50 feet be enforced at this event.  Please respect
the track's desire to be a good neighbor and ensure that your vehicle meets
this liberal standard.  Additional info about the track site can be found at:
 http://www.roeblingroad.com

The Kumho/Evolution Top Gun Awards will payout $25 each to the following
overall SEDiv Solo2 event positions based on the final combined class
finishing times.  This competition is available to all drivers at no
additional charge compliments of Kumho Tires and the Evolution Performance
Driving School:

Event FTD
Open Class PAX FTD
Ladies Class FTD
FJr FTD

Also available for first-year divisional competitors is the Rookie Challenge
competition, an independent PAX-based scoring competition is created using
each Rookie's best total class time from regular competition.  You have to
designate your Rookie status when registering for the event to be entered in
the Rookie Challenge.  There is no additional charge to enter this
competition.  In addition to trophies earned in regular event class
competition, the top 3 Rookie finishers will receive a Rookie Challenge
trophy.  All Rookie Challenge competitors receive points and the overall best
2 of 3 events points winner will receive a SEDiv Rookie Challenge
Championship Award along with all the other SEDiv Class Championship Year-End
points winners.

The hosting SCCA region has reserved a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn,
I-95 and US 80 (Pooler).  Persons wishing to book a room for July 26, 27, or
28 may do
so directly with the hotel at 912-748-6464.  Rooms are $45.00 per night.
Mention SCCA Group when calling.  This rate does not include tax and this
block is only guaranteed until July 22.  Additionally, those seeking nicer
accommodations at a higher cost may want to consider the Jameson Inn at the
same location; 912-748-0017.  Other hotels, restaurants, gas stations, etc.
are also available in the same area.

Due to the high cost of the site rental we are not sure if free lunches can
be provided on-site at this event as has been done in the past.  We are
currently evaluating our financial position and will keep you posted.  One of
the deciding factors will be the number of entries received.  If we get a
large enough turnout we should be able to provide lunch to those attending.
Our only other option would be to raise the entry fee by $5 for this one
event to cover the additional cost.  Commentary & other feedback is welcome
in helping us decide what to do.

On-line registration is now open on the SEDiv Solo2 website.  We should have
the event flyer and other pertinent information posted there soon as well.
Additionally, past results and the current point standings are available here
too:

www.sedivsolo2.com

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Steward