Re: speedy and aggravated... not furious

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: speedy and aggravated... not furious
From: "Red Raevyn" <redraevyn@softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 14:28:09 -0400
 They never said it was street legal - they did run like hell from the cops,
 although I suppose for other reasons as well.

 I'm in no way defending the movie, I can't even watch it to laugh at it, it
 disgusts me so much, but the movie is so far from realistic, [for example,
 the title scene where the computer drawn engine releases it's exhaust
(which
 is on fire) through the oilpan, to the transmission, and then to the
 tailpipe/muffler.]  questioning the plausibility of any aspect of the Fast
 and the Furious is kind of like criticizing Dr. Suess on his realism.

 Greg Maust
'88 GLi, excited for it's first autocross tomorrow =]