2002 Evolution SEDiv Solo2 Series wrapup

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com (Evolution Discussion),
Subject: 2002 Evolution SEDiv Solo2 Series wrapup
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:21:38 EDT
Sorry for the late post, the last event at the Roebling Road race facility on
July 27 - 28 pretty much wiped me out.  We had 129 competitors come out and
compete at our final 2002 event.  It was a real scorcher too, with the heat
index pushing 110 both days.  Several site-specific issues forced us to
reshuffle the work-run groups and only run 2 cars on course at a time.  This
led to two long, hot days that would make even the most ardent Solo2
competitor question their sanity.

Relief in the shade was welcome both days during the great lunches provided
by Savannah Mitsubishi and the Buccaneer Region.  Special thanks to the
Evolution Performance Driving School for sponsoring the 2002 SEDiv Solo2
Series and also to the Buccaneer/Coastal Empire Solo2 group for going the
extra mile to host this particular event, as well as everyone else who showed
their support of the SEDiv Solo2 program by hosting, attending, and otherwise
helping out at our events.

The winners of the Kumho Tire - Evolution Top Gun cash awards for this event
are:

Overall FTD:         Scott Minehart - FJr. shifter kart
Open Pax FTD:    Scott Minehart - FJr. shifter kart
Ladies Pax FTD:   Barbara Beecher - SSL Boxster
FJr1 FTD:             Nick Rickert - FJr.  kart
FJr2 FTD:             Scott Minehart - FJr. shifter kart

The Roebling Road event results and the final points standings are now linked
on our website:

http:\\www.sedivsolo2.com

Congratualtions to all the 2002 SEDiv Solo2 Champions!

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Steward