Annoying Program alert

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Annoying Program alert
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:29:13 -0400
My daughter downloaded an upgraded her iMesh program. Along with the upgrade
came a program called GATOR.  This thing is supposed to remember passwords,
compare prices on travel sites etc.

I found the damn thing to be completely annoying. Every time I tried to open
a .jpg file it immediately dropped it to the bottom of the screen. Once into
one of my e-mail accounts, I wasn't able to access the other unless I
completely logged off the internet and reconnected.  There were also
numerous GATOR pop ups as well as pop ups from other offers and services
showing up at random times. It was much like the Microsoft paperclip nudge.

Yesterday, I was in the office of a business associate. His secretary spent
the entire day trying to get a program back on line that they use to
calculate costs for large projects. Later in the afternoon I mentioned to
her the problems I had with GATOR. She looked and it was there too.  We
un-installed GATOR and everything worked fine.

Me thinks that the insides of gators should be batter dipped and deep fried
and the outside crafted into fine wallets and belts. I sure don't want a
GATOR mucking around inside my computer!

Larry Steckel