Re: Who are your top PAX drivers?

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Who are your top PAX drivers?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:06:29 -0500
I would always take the regional PAX numbers with a nibble of skepticism if
used in an effort to point out the best drivers.  Mississippi region's best
drivers often don't get to participate in local events because they're doing
the national ones.

One member of ours suggested counting the 70% of the events, so that you're
not penalized by missing a couple of events.  I am curious as to how other
regions do it.  Another region that couldn't find a site in August is using
our region's Grenada event for their points... so that might be more or less
convenient for some of them, but should theoretically mean a larger turnout.

Our 2002 points:
http://www.msscca.org/points/2002/index.html

For small regions, I don't know what you could conclude by the data, other
than driver skill plays a much larger role than car and class.

Brian