C5/Z06 owners - safety check

To: autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: C5/Z06 owners - safety check
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:58:35 EDT
I posted this on the Corvette Forum, reposting here for those who don't go
there.

A recent inspection on my Z06 revealed two loose wheel hub assy's.  The wheel
hub fastens to the aluminum upright by three bolts which require a male T-55
torx wrench/socket.  The bolt heads are located on the backside of the
upright; two protruding and one countersunk.  Access to the lower countersunk
bolt head requires dropping the lower ball joint from the upright.  After
discussion on the CF forum, it appears this may be a common problem, several
people have also found loose hub bolts on their C5/Z06 Corvettes.

Failure to catch the problem will result in variable camber & toe in the
early stages, with separation from the vehicle being worst case!  Check those
hub bolts.

Mark