Generator follow-up - Thanks!

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Generator follow-up - Thanks!
From: "Vern Anderson" <vernon_anderson@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:56:07 -0400
First, many thanks to everyone who responded to my query about the
generators and line conditioners.  I had too many replies to
individually thank everyone.

We have decided to go with the good Honda EU2000.  We have found someone
who is willing to sell the club one at cost, and it already has a
built-in line conditioner, is quieter and has a longer time between
fill-ups.  We were going to go with the 1850W Coleman, as it was only
$375, but it is noisier, heavier, probably not as reliable, has a
shorter operating time on a tank and has no built-in conditioner.  I
talked to Coleman directly about the need for a conditioner and they
strongly suggested that we use one for the digital display, printer,
amp/mic, etc.  Once you add in the price of an 1800W line conditioner
($200-350) to the cost of the generator, we were almost at the cost of
the Honda anyway.  So thanks again to everyone, the Steel Cities region
will soon have a nice quiet power source and a digital display.

Vern Anderson