'96 Miata stock class setup

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: '96 Miata stock class setup
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:39:17 -0400
I just got a '96 Miata (non-R) that I'll probably autox in CS.  I'm looking
for some setup recommendations.  Here are my questions:

Tires: I'm planning to get Kumhos and use the stock alloy wheels.  How do
the Ecsta V700's compare to the Victoracers?  Should I go with 195/55-14 or
205/55-14?

Front swaybar:  What do most folks recommend?  Is the Racing Beat hollow bar
too stiff?

Shocks:  I'll probably just get the Koni sport off-the-shelf single
adjustables, unless there is something significantly better for not a lot
more money.

Alignment: I was going to max out front and rear camber, set front toe to
zero, and a slight bit of rear toe-in.  Is this a good starting point?

I'll probably just leave the stock exhaust on there.

Any other tips?

Brad B.
'96 Miata
'90 Miata (Spec Miata under construction)