Re: Falken Azenis

To: "Clemens Burger" <burgerc@iquest.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Falken Azenis
From: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:45:52 -0500
> I am looking for some advise on street tires.  Since the Falken Azenis
> appears to be the most popular STS tire, I'd think that some people on the
> list have an opinion about this tire.

You should join the streettouring list:

My opinions below are based on what I have read since I have never used the
tires... so you'd be better off searching the streettouring archives.

> I am curious about the suitability of the Falken Azenis for everyday use.
> How do they perform in terms of wet-traction and wear, especially compared
> to other popular street tires such as the Kumho Ecsta, Potenza S03, etc?

Wet:  as good as other high perf tires
Wear:  as bad as other high perf tires

vs Kumho:  much better performance, similar price
vs S03:  big price difference, similar performance

> Are the other Falken tires as sticky as the Azenis?

No... even though they are probably decent street tires.

Brian