Re: FM Protests...again (was: Service Manauls)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FM Protests...again (was: Service Manauls)
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:21:47 EDT
Mark,

There is a basic simplicity in keeping deliberations from later public
review.  Since no-one is recording the proceedings for accuracy,
no errors can be made nor words put in anyone's mouth regarding
statements made or opinions offered during the process.

What is published as a result of those discussions cannot be assailed
for historical accuracy since it is in writing.

Hide something?  Ignorance?  I'm glad I know your wit well enough
to see the grin on your face through the words on the screen.  In fact,
I have been tremendously impressed by the intelligence and diligence
brought to the PC at the Nationals.  The members of the PC all
take the job seriously, and work hard at following the rules to the
ultimate disposition of the protest.

Nope...  No secret agenda here.  What is publicly posted regarding the
ruling on a protest is the best shot of a collective body.  There is not
really much else to be known, or gained, by making public potentially
fallible recollections of the internal discussions of a protest committee.

Controversy?  Only when someone says that the PC did not do it's job.
The answer to that: Yes, we did.  Sorry you were not happy with the results.

Alan