Re: Taka Aono/FSP Corolla......

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Taka Aono/FSP Corolla......
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
>I was AMAZED at how fast it
> was.
> Amazed because this one was not nearly as developed
> as
> Taka's obviously was this year

I have been researching a corolla GTS for a while
(before I heard about Taka) and know that the
4-throttle body intake he has (from the jdm 20V) is a
direct bolt on and responsible for about 160 hp alone
running the stock JDM ECU.  I know Taka had a nice
programmable ECU and a lot more technology than those
VW's have.  I don't know what kind of power the VW's
get but I am sure the kind of power that is easily
obtainable from a 4AGE combined with one of the
lightest RWD cars around doesn't make it a FSP car.  I
still might even build one if it goes to DSP but come
on, if the 16V and 8V VW's are separated, the corolla
should be too.  Also, has any consideration been made
for the FX16 (the front wheel drive version) corolla.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
http://sbc.yahoo.com