Washington to Pennsylvania : Mission Accomplished!

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Washington to Pennsylvania : Mission Accomplished!
From: "Red Raevyn" <redraevyn@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:05:23 -0500
Managed to do it in a total of 46 hours driving time, 50 hours total.   And
maintained a 27ish mpg in my 88 Jetta with 4 people, 4 tires on the roof, and
enough weight that the tires were chirping over bumps   *Wince wince wince*
Didn't foresee that at all, I was kicking myself most of the trip.  Again,
thanks SO much for all the advice, only bad weather was a bunch of snow in
Idaho/Utah and a smidgeon in western Wyoming, we got pretty lucky I think -
never needed to go sub 45mph, or put the chains on.  The final route was I-90
to 84 to 82, (or 82 to 84, can't remember) down to Salt Lake City, caught I-80
until Lincoln where I took Rt. 2 (bumpy!) to 29 S to Kansas City to catch
I-70, which carried me to the turnpike and home.   Saw the arch in St. Louis
for the first time, fairly impressive!  But overall it was a good trip.
Wanted to let you all know I made it safe and again express my appreciation
for the help.  =)

.Greg Maust.