another perspective; SJ memo & All Read

To: evolution-discussions@egroups.com
Subject: another perspective; SJ memo & All Read
From: TeamBMWZ4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:19:10 EST
Jean darling,

Let's look at this from another viewpoint.  Evolution has been a very good
sponsor to the SCCA SEDiv Solo2 Series.  Let's just say an upstart driving
school pretty similar to your own, maybe even for the most part patterned
after it with a few new twists, comes along and asks us to drop you and let
them be our sponsor instead.  Further, they go out and start rallying your
business organizers, driving instructors, and event coordinators to
participate in their new business venture that competes against your own.
Are you telling us that you'd welcome all this with open arms with no concern
of them zapping your hard-learned techniques, market share, and profits?

As the SEDiv Solo2 Steward I'd like to put the program ahead with a new fat
sponsorship.  However, to do so means that I totally shrug off the fact that
Evo helped promote and build what we have today.  From my perspective, to
sell out the loyalty & earned devotion that Evo deserves for all those years
of support to it's competitor would make me no better than a common street
walker that sold out her lifelong clientele when the perceived sugar daddy
came along.  To add the icing on top of the cake, I then take offense because
you object to me making a complete and total whore out of myself for putting
nothing but my own personal benefit ahead of everything else.

I'd have to be a real piece of crap to do that, don't you think?

Mark Sipe