Re: [evolution-disc.] The memo...another view

To: Jamie Sculerati <pullg@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] The memo...another view
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:48:18 -0500
So let's head down that hypothetical path. This isn't a thought
about the memo per say but more about SCCA members as
participants. Especially those, like myself, that are Safety
Stewards.

I've been asked at a marque club event to review/analyze, adjust,
and implement safety at their events. (hey, if a better course
design is an additional benefit out of this, so be it)  :^)

So an incident happens. It could be in a section I adjusted or a
section I reviewed and deemed "safe" (as in the course is
"safe"). I might be liable for approval or changes implemented. I
also might be inferring SCCA's involvement be the fact I was
requested with the additional knowledge of being a Safety
Steward. I could be liable for not anticipating the incident, and
indirectly SCCA, since they are the trainers of the Stewards (and
me).

So as a Steward, I suppose I'm covering my butt, while actually
trying to setup a safe course.

Those with legal training are encouraged to add info, though will
not be accepted for complete legal advise, and I should consult
with my personal legal advisors for definitive answers.

Todd and Steve, reply to me if you wish, since you'll probably
bounce off the lists, since I don't think you are subscribed to
either.

Matt Murray

mattm@optonline net (the "dot" is missing to reduce data mining)
203-856-3703