Re: SC MR2 in CSP

To: rande@mwis.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SC MR2 in CSP
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:00:56 -0600
>I just read where the Supercharged MR2 (88-89) is moving to CSP.  I know it

>would be fun (I ran mine competitively in stock for the last two years) but

>how competitive could the car be in Street Prepared?  CSP seems much better

>suited for the car than ASP where it was formerly classed.

I imagine that Jeremy Engel is drooling at the prospect.  He has been kicking
asphalt locally (Twin Cities) in ASP for some time with his MR2 Super.

It is temporarily out of action since the supercharger drive pulley came off
the shaft, damaging the shaft on its way off.  This will require the removal
of the engine to repair, and then I expect that Jeremy will be happy to join
the gang in CSP.

The one thing I have heard about these cars is not to waste a lot of time or
money changing the intake and exhaust.  The supercharger is apparently a
constant-volume
type and the amount of air (and therefore fuel) that moves through the system
is pretty-much preordained to retain the same relationship with the RPMs.  Not
sure how high you can safely rev the car, so...

Phil Ethier