Re: Quick question.

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "Thomas Kirchner"
Subject: Re: Quick question.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:56:37 -0600
> The only time I EVER inadvertently snagged a buckle open was in a Solo II.
> That it happened to be the first-ever Solo II Nationals is beside the
> point -- suffice it to say I crossed the finish sitting on the handbrake!
> :-O  On that occasion I was wearing a light windbreaker with open cuffs
and
> driving barehanded. The cuff of the coat snagged the latch. However, it
> hasn't happened again in 30 years. Also -- on that occasion I was in a
Pinto
> (Showroom Stock/G Stock). Since then I've been in a Production/Prepared
> Spitfire. I had a lot more room in the Pinto and it was much easier to
snag
> the buckle.

Yes, I snagged my four-points open in a SAAB at an autocross about 30 years
ago.  The organizers were impressed that I stopped instead of carrying on,
and they gave me a rerun.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com