Pylon for January 2003

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon for January 2003
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:04:06 -0500
The January 2003 edition of North American Pylon went into the mail for
subscribers today, Friday, Jan. 24, 2003.

With many clubs not operating in winter time, most notably the traditional
Dixie Region's Allies versus Axis meet, we are down to only one event to
report on, namely the Jan. 12 meet organized by Beachcombers Corvette Club
at the Pungo Airfield in Virginia Beach, VA.

        Sooooo, we have some other interesting material:
        - Greg Laws tells us about the "Saga of the Valkyrie" and why kit
cars can't run in E Modified.
        -Erik Strelnieks collects some Valvoline cash for winning their
Time Trial series.
        -There's a Q&A on the proposed P.R.O. series. We learn they have
seven employees among other things.
        -Matt Murray wins the Stirling Moss Trophy (a New England Region
exclusive).
        -Lots of new calendar dates, including
                --North Carolina Autocross Championship.
                --San Francisco Region runs at 6 different sites (not all
at once!).

Columns:
        Anthony Tabacco brings us Chapter 3 on an event chair's To Do's.
        Pat Kelly describes some preliminary steps as SF Region rejuvenates
a motor home for timing and scoring.
        Warren Leveque offers some positive steps toward winning at
autocross.
        Ben Thatcher wishes the P.R.O. group well.
        Lorenzo the Scribe describes the snow in Pittsburgh, PA.
        Bryan Beckman brings us Chapter 18 on the "Physics of Racing."
        Paul Haney gets into gas shocks and how they work.
        Editor John  Kelly announces the arrival of the 2003 edition of
Solo Stats as produced by autocross historian Rocky Entriken.
        We devote two full pages to salute Who's who in Autocrossing. The
point system is described in Editor Kelly's column: 101 women; 101 men.
        We devotes two full pages saluting the drivers of H Stock.

Plus
        -Technical analysis of the 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1.
        -Technical analysis of the 2003 Porsche Boxster S.
        The Autocross Calendar is now over four pages, plus a little. Send
in your club's dates please.
        The Garage Sale offers lots of interesting cars for sale all over
North America.

If you would like to know more about North American Pylon, the only
publication devoted to autocrossing, see <www.napylon.com>

Annual subscriptions for 12 monthly issues are only $24. To subscribe,
Call 1-800-58-KELLY during 9-5 Pacifc Coast business Hours. And charge to
Visa or MC.

Or, FAX your name, address, and plastic card number to: 1-925-846-0118.
Operates 24/7.

--John Kelly, editor of North American pylon