Re: Seal-coated surfaces

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seal-coated surfaces
From: Mark Noeltner <mark@buffalochips.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:07:38 -0700
Not a clue how long it takes to cure for an autox. I know it will depend
somewhat on the weather. I would guess a minimum of 2 weeks of dry weather.
You can drive on it in 24 hrs, but autox is another story.

I do know that you can get some spectacular tire smoke when running on a
freshly sealed lot. St Louis ran on a freshly sealed lot at the GM truck
plant back in May of 1997. Go here to see a shot of me smoking my front
tires on the Probe GT I drove at the time:
http://www.buffalochips.org/images/smoke1.jpg

Mark N