Re: cheap autox car.

To: William Vazquez <wvazq@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: cheap autox car.
From: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@clubrx.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:55:13 -0600
William Vazquez wrote:
> I am looking for my first car.  I would like to get a car that could be
>     a fun autocross car, be a competent daily driver, and it would also have
> to be able to carry a couple of bikes, i.e. no convertibles.  I don't really
> have any preference for a particular make or age.  the car would have to be
> under $5000.  I live in northern indiana, fort wayne region scca
>
>    any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
> thanks,
> William Vazquez

I'd go with a GSL-SE or a  Mk. I MR-2 and a bike rack.

My first build-to-autox car was a GSL-SE and I really liked it, quick, fun,
light and I
could carry four tires and a (whining) passenger. Sometimes I think I should
have gotten
an MR-2, since they're lighter and better suspension, but it's hard to say if
I'd have
been happier tying tires to the engine cover. :)
--
Driving is easy.
All you have to do is put the car in the right place with the right velocity.

"I think that my computer must have a virus.  All of your puncutation and
capital letters have been taken out of your post.  Either that, or you're
illiterate."
-Keith Wells