Looking for advice on a few parts purchases

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for advice on a few parts purchases
From: redraevyn@softhome.net
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:34:00 -0700
I have a couple of odd parts that need replacing on my '88 Jetta GLi, and
was wondering if you all could tell me good places to get them from.  The
ones I am most concerned with are the bushings on the 'A-arm', it's the rear
part of the control arm.    I've seen quite a few sites with polyurethane
bushings, but I've heard that if they are too hard, it can be squeaky and
too tight for everyday driving.   I was hoping I could get a reccomendation
on a brand or dealer for said polyurethane bushings from someone who had put
them.  Goodness knows this mailing list must have a lot of people who have
replaced their bushings, heh.    I don't mind sacrificing a bit of comfort
and whathaveyou for performance's sake at all, so long as it is driveable -
living in Pennsylvania means I do a fair amount of driving on poorly patched
roads =P

I also need to replace my clutch cable, as it's getting too stiff.   Is
there any reason to buy something other than OEM in this case?  If so, what
kind of alternatives are there?

Thanks a lot all :)