Kumho Ecsta MX for STS?

To: mapcomaps@attbi.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Kumho Ecsta MX for STS?
From: "Baysinger, Jeffrey S (Jeffrey)" <jbaysinger@avaya.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:55:12 -0700
The time to buy tires for this coming solo and track season is getting close,
and I know I've posted this several times over the last year or so, but I've
never gotten a response, so gotta' keep trying periodically.

Has anyone tried the Kumho Ecsta MX? If so, how 'bout a quick review? I'm
really interested in any comparisons to the Falken Azenis, but would be happy
with any impressions. I've seen comparos between the Azenis and the BF
Goodrich G-Force KD, and between the KD and the MX, but never directly between
the MX and Azenis. Using the KD as the standard, it seems that the Azenis and
MX would be right on par with each other as numbers and magazine reviews go.

Anyway, any impressions on overall dry and wet grip (both lateral and
longitudinal), sidewall stiffness, transient response, breakaway
characteristics, serviceable heat ranges, etc. would be much appreciated.
Street, track, auto-x, or other experience, don't care. I'll take anything I
can get at this point. ;-)

Thanks -
- Jeff
'95 240SX SE