Re: Vehicle Identification Proposal

To: pethier@isd.net, rocky@tri.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vehicle Identification Proposal
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 01:37:08 EDT
Actually, Phil,

Installing a frame-attached seat belt would be all too easy in
my shifter kart.  I think the council's rule requiring a roll-bar
for all purpose built competition machines or open vehicles
using non-DOT tires would be harder to meet.

That said, since the Met Council is NOT an SCCA region
(even with the affiliation of the SCCA LOL region as a
member club of the Council), I fail to see how your comment
is in any way related to or contributary towards the discussion
regarding car numbers at SCCA events, and rules governing
them.

It is apparent that you are personally proud that the Council
excludes karts.  How that relates to the topic being discussed
is not.  This is an SCCA rules discussion, regarding vehicle
identification for ALL SCCA classes.  That includes karts, for
adults and for kids.

So your point is?

Alan Sheidler