TV Tech Joke, was: My version: SEB-Update/Backdate in STS, STX

To: autox@autox.team.net, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: TV Tech Joke, was: My version: SEB-Update/Backdate in STS, STX
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:59:21 -0400
ONLY the TV teck geeks are groaning.

For the layperson, in TV there are so many images per second (30 per) but
the scan rate in TV doesn't exactly match exactly to 30 frames per second,
so the SMPTE decided to create "Drop Frame" time code, where at specified
intervals one frame is dropped, to keep things exactly on time. . . . .

Okay, I lost everyone quicker than discussing a reorg. But did ya get the
joke now? No? Oaky, Dave, me, Rich Fletcher and Bob Tunnell get it. :^)

At 08:36 AM 7/13/2003 -0400, Matt Murray wrote:
> [...]

Matt Murray