Hoosier slick question

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hoosier slick question
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 13:49:35 -0500
No speculation, please - I can do that myself.  I'm looking for a
specific answer!

Just got a couple of 20x7-13 Hoosiers for the front of my Mini from John
Berget.  (I've been buying Goodyear, Yokohama, and Hoosier slicks from
him for 15 years)  I told him I wanted R-33 compound.  What he sent me
has "ACRL" molded into the sidewall where the "R-33" - or whatever
compound rating - would normally be.

I'm speculating (see...I told you I could do that myself) that these are
spec tires for the old American City Racing League.  My question is --
ARE they equivalent to R-33?!?!?

The reason I'm asking is this:  I have one "full tread" R-33.  I needed
another to match it.  That's what I asked for when I placed my order.
He sent me one "full tread" ACRL and tossed in a "half tread" ACRL
spare.  I've got a Divisional in Houston this coming weekend and I need
to know whether I should mount the full tread R-33 and the full tread
ACRL or just go ahead and mount up both ACRLs.  I don't have a whole lot
of time left to get an answer to this question!  8>{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman